What Is the Conclusion Of An Essay
The conclusion is written in one paragraph and its main purpose is to sum up the arguments of the essay, which the author revealed in the topic sentences of the body paragraphs. It summarizes the evidence in support for the thesis statement of the essay and if proved restates this statement. It is a final glance at the presented facts, which lead to a certain conclusion on the essay matter.
The conclusion does not have a set structure and can be written according to the peculiarities of the essay but must always have the mentioned above argument summary analysis.
Writing An Essay Conclusion
To make a good conclusion it is necessary to:
- Review the main points of the essay (the topic statements)
- Summarize them in favor for the thesis statement
- Describe the writer’s subjective position on the topic
- End the conclusion with a strong affirmation that will be beyond any question.
Does the Conclusion Summarize the Essay
The writer may consider implementation of emotional factors in order to make a memorable impression about the essay.
This may include:
- Emphasizing the importance of the topic
- The ending lines may have an unexpected direction leading the reader to nonstandard thoughts).
- A strong appeal for the reader’s actions
- A provocation to thinking made by a quote or an anecdote.
It is vital to remember:
- Any conclusion should never repeat the assertions presented in the essay word-for-word.
- If the writer wants to make the conclusion really successful it must be short but very clear.
- This is the last part of the essay and it makes the final impression on the reader.
- A good conclusion is always creative and logically sound.
Sample Essay Conclusion
A vast collection of sample essays contents examples of essay writing conclusion of all types.