Five Categories of Audience Levels essay
The classification of five types of existing advertisement audience levels.
What role does advertising play in the trading process of any country? In what way household consumers can be defined as the first level of advertising audience? How do government and official employees react to advertisements?
Each advertisement has its own purpose, a group of people it is designed to attract. These categories form five main groups of advertisement audience.
Five Categories of Audience Levels essay
Introduction: Advertising has always played a significant role in the trading process of any country. It is often called the “engine of trading”. Advertising does not simply attract consumers it has certain division or in other words different categories of audience. Each advertisement has its own purpose, a group of people it is designed to attract. These categories form five main groups of advertisement audience.
1. Household consumers.
2. Members of the business organization.
3. Members of trade channel.
5. Government officials and employees.
1. Household consumers. The advertisement dealing with this group depicts a woman working out on the background of the advertisement and dumbbells on its foreground. It is the advertisement of Tefal scales “Persona”. The slogan says: ”They will be the ones to notice your efforts”. The advertisement assures the consumer that these scale are so exact owing to the technology called “Sensitive Computer” that they will be able to feel and show the difference of even a hundred grams in weight. The message of the advertisement has a lot to do with the respect towards the efforts that people put into working out and going in for sports in order to lose weight. The scales “promise” their owners to provide the stimulus to keep working out by showing the progress that may be not even visible for the person or showed on other scales. The advertisement gives the consumer the confidence that these scales will be as attentive to the person’s efforts as no coach can be. Generally, the advertisement is quiet effective for the household sphere of life, which can help to save time and be very attentive to the owner. In addition if provides a stimulus for going in for sports even at home and being happy with even the smallest results.
2. Members of business organizations. The advertisement suggested by Indesit seems to perfectly fit this group of advertisement audience. The advertisements describes a man sitting with his dog by the television at home, having a rest, not worrying about anything and simply not thinking about the hard day he had today. It is dark outside – it is the end of the day. This man has so many things to worry about at work that he does not what to worry about anything at home. And that is the reason he picked the refrigerator Indesit. The advertisements say that the owner will have to apply minimum efforts to deal with it. The slogan of the advertisement is completely perfect: “We work – you rest”. A member of a business company is always busy and the only time to rest is when he gets home late after work – tired and exhausted. A refrigerator like that will facilitate his evening by keeping the products in perfect condition and therefore bringing pleasure to the consumer. The refrigerator will always have the products fresh and save the owner’s time and efforts. The effectiveness on this advertisement in this group of audience is unchallengeable. Business company members need support, help and protection at home and this advertisement “promises” to provide tranquil evenings after work.
3. Members of trade channel. It is the advertisement of Benefon Exion – the smallest telephone of the NMT standard. The advertisement shows a man in a suite raising his hand up with something in it and only the consumer has to guess what it is. The consumer sees a broken car on the background. The advertisement offers three things to put in the hand that the man has raised. The first one is a spanner and it says it will twist every nut. The second one is a wallet and the advertisement continues by saying that it can pay those who will twist the right nut. And the last thing it offers is a Benefon Exion phone and it ends by saying that it can call your friend to help you anytime and anyplace. The advertisement calls the consumer to choose what is the most needed from the three choices. It implies that having money does not solve problems unless you have friends to help you in a hard minute. Or in other words if you have connection to other people – your possibilities are endless. This is very important to people belonging to the trading group. The advertisement provides a clear-eyed solution and its effectiveness among the member of trade channels it obvious.
4. Professionals. Professionalism has always been identified through punctuality as one of its peculiarities. The Daniel Roth advertisement of a new model of a watch is the reflection of the confidence a professional should possess. The advertisement says that professionals have made the watch; therefore it was created for professionals, too. As the work of a professional is always very exact the see-through dial of the watch shows the accuracy of the watch’s functioning. Professionalism – is always supremacy. The advertisement says that this watch is an “evident proof of a technical supremacy”. This advertisement seems to work rather effectively for this group of audience, because the analogy and parallel are obvious. At the same type the question concerning its effectiveness for the given group is rather questionable, which leads to the duality of the advertisement’s effectiveness.
6. Government officials and employees. This is the most disputable group. The advertisement, which is referred to this group, is an advertisement of an airline. The advertisement of Southwest Airlines as the story of 32 years of hard work and dedication and the slogan: “We are spreading love” gives the consumer the feeling of stability and quality of the service provided. Government employees have to travel a lot and especially within the country. Knowing what is the best Airline can help them to save time in order to spend it with their families.
Conclusion: They spend too much time working and cannot afford to waist time in the air. Nevertheless, the effectiveness of the advertisement over the group is not unchallengeable due to the specifics of the audience group.In conclusion, it is necessary to say that the last two categories were the hardest ones to work with and define the corresponding advertisements. It basically indicates and emphasized the specifics of these groups, their superiority over others and extreme requirements that the advertised items have to meet in order to fit and be claimed.